Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Statistical Fruits And Vegetables Investigation


Kia Ora Bloggers, Today For My Home Learning Task, We Are Focusing On How To Gather Information and turn it into a Statistical Investigation. Today I chose to complete Fruit and Vegetables Statistics. My first step was to grab a note pad and pen write down the fruits and vegetables and count how much individual fruit or vegetable there is. Statistics is a branch of mathematics dealing with data collection, organization, and analysis which is to explore using the different graphs and summarise the statistics, and finally presentation. The total calculation of my Fruits and Vegetables are 93 altogether. My conclusion questions are the following. 

(1) What is the most common fruit? 
Fejoia
(2) What is the most common vegetable?
Carrot
(3) How many pieces of fruit were their altogether? 
68
(4) How many vegetables were their altogether?



4 comments:

  1. Wow Kayla! You have completed this already! I am so proud of this blog post. Your bar graph is really neat and easy to read. You have so many feigoas! Do you have a feigoa tree? I wish I had one. I like how you have labelled your x and y axis. Maybe next time you could match the bar colours to the colour of the fruit/vege?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Sutherland
      Thank you for your reply, although i did have a wee bit of help from Bella, i am proud of what i have done. I will go the extra distance next time with my colour schemes.
      A kind lady dropped the feijoas off to us, so i am now going to help mum make a feijoa loaf.

      Delete
    2. That's okay to have help. I taught Bella maths when she was a Year 5 so no wonder she is so smart and helpful!

      Delete
  2. Well done Kayla, I can see that you worked so hard on this. Feijoas are delicious. How did the feijoa loaf turn out? Did you take a photo? I'd love you to share the recipe! Great effort Kayla!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post